• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you see online marketing taking the offline space in the future?

In the last decades, we have seen how things have been going when we talk about selling products and services on the internet. Many big companies now pay huge sum of money to advertise their products on the internet with the belief that it can be a way to augment the sales from offline advertising. However, I am of the opinion that the online marketing space has almost taken charge with the huge number of people that now have access to the internet.

Do you share same idea with me that the internet is here to take full control of online marketing and business or you feel the offline way of doing things still dominate.

Online marketing is starting to flex its muscles as evidenced by the advertisements in social media. It seems that the ads in the traditional media are now slowly shifting to online means. It is apparent that they are already trying to be in position so in case the trend moves to make social media the standard in marketing then they are already in place. And my take is that the trend will continue that in 5 years, online advertising will be more dependable than the traditional means of marketing like tv and print media.

To sum it all up, we are living in a technology world today which is normally referred to as global society where virtually anything and everything is possible to be carried out online without one needing to step out of his or his home but with a laptop or desktop computer, the individual can do more than what someone working outdoors can ever achieve.

Having said this, I strongly and vehemently state that online marketing has already taken over offline or direct face to face marketing as I normally call it. Most companies now engage in online marketing, it's less stressful, cost effective and easy to use.

I totally agree with this we had this same argument on another forum some times ago and I was for it.it really going to take away sales offline and more companies will move online, not with everything being sold online now and cheaper too. Nobody will be worrying about rent, overhead costs, and salaries.I see this happening very soon.

Living in the " new world" as tech expert called it, there's no way this can happen now. All things now are worked and working with technology. We are now living in a world of virtuality where all things are provided through internet. So in terms of advertisement, social media has a lot of advantage to make your business known. It's a key tool today especially those big companies.

I guess you have a point but I don't see it the same way you do, a lot of companies spend on online adverts which is true but that doesn't mean it will even replace offline space in future, they are still a lot of people who don't trust the online system because as technology grows more people learn the bad way to trick people by giving out fake sales but physical theft rarely happens.

Marlowe

I ask this question a lot myself lately, but I still can see that offline marketing is used a lot.
We're using some printed materials for various promotional purposes from here: http://urbansignandprint.com/collections/trade-show-displays
Offline advertising is still very effective for many businesses, I read a lot of opinions on this topic and came to the conclusion that in some cases it's almost impossible to avoid using it.

Top Bottom