• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you accept friend request from those you don't know on Facebook?

Focusing on the true friends is another way that we can work to be safe. I mean that I have been in situations where the people got into trouble simply by relating with people that they never knew.
It's true that one can make a very good friend from online in any of the social media networks we have but you have to be careful with how you do it. Personally, I made one good friend with one guy in Netherlands. He is by far the best friend I have made across borders.

AzizSnake

Well I think I do, I accept people that I don't know on facebook, that doesn't a big deal for me, I mean why I don't? what they can do? It's normal also I want to make new friends from other countries and discover their languages/and culture, last time I accept a girl from Poland, she learned me new things that I didn't know about Poland, also she teached me some poland words haha, Cześć

It's true that one can make a very good friend from online in any of the social media networks we have but you have to be careful with how you do it. Personally, I made one good friend with one guy in Netherlands. He is by far the best friend I have made across borders.
There is always a risk in anything that we do in life and making friends from the internet is simply one of them. You can easily get scammed if you divulge some important details on yours on the internet to people that you don't really trust that much.

There is always a risk in anything that we do in life and making friends from the internet is simply one of them. You can easily get scammed if you divulge some important details on yours on the internet to people that you don't really trust that much.
To be honest with you, I see making friends and trusting someone as two different things. I can be friends with you but not trust you. I will know the extent we have come before I can put my trust in you, and still I wouldn't tell the so called friend whom I trusted everything because man is a flaws specie by nature.

To be honest with you, I see making friends and trusting someone as two different things. I can be friends with you but not trust you. I will know the extent we have come before I can put my trust in you, and still I wouldn't tell the so called friend whom I trusted everything because man is a flaws specie by nature.
That's life as getting to trust people we see on a daily basis is difficult talkmore of when we are discussing about people that we met on the internet. The thing has got to be that we should always be watchful of everything that go on so as not to fall victims of certain things.

That's life as getting to trust people we see on a daily basis is difficult talkmore of when we are discussing about people that we met on the internet. The thing has got to be that we should always be watchful of everything that go on so as not to fall victims of certain things.
The human mind is a very cunning and dubious thing, when someone wants to keep something away and hidden from you, there is definitely not going to be a way for you to know unless the person slips up and you found out. It's just best to keep information that another person can use to harm or hurt you to only yourself and be safe from unexpected betrayal.

Marako0406

That's the thing you get with online friends as most of them are not always true and can be trusted that's why I only make friends with whom I can see or be with physically and not virtually. There is nothing wrong in making friends online as I can be a friend as well and only chat mates.

I don't accept all. It depends on the person's profile. But I am considerate. I'm simply careful about avoiding dangerous people. You can't be too sure with Facebook. :D

I have 150 pending friend requests and I only accept people I know. I don't even know where those other people saw my profile. Maybe they are from the University or High School that I attended. I really avoid accepting random people especially those that have few to no mutual friends.

I have 150 pending friend requests and I only accept people I know. I don't even know where those other people saw my profile. Maybe they are from the University or High School that I attended. I really avoid accepting random people especially those that have few to no mutual friends.
Haha, 150 pending friends request is even small compared to mine that is at 485 pending requests which I'm never even considering accepting anyone of them because if do, it wouldn't be up to that number. I'm planning on a day to delete all the pending requests.

I don't accept all. It depends on the person's profile. But I am considerate. I'm simply careful about avoiding dangerous people. You can't be too sure with Facebook. :D
The profile is something that we should be really worried about. I mean that ensuring that we check the Friend request critically before accepting will go a long way to make things better.

The profile is something that we should be really worried about. I mean that ensuring that we check the Friend request critically before accepting will go a long way to make things better.
Let me make it clear to you that if you are looking at profile as a check on those you accept or reject their friends request, then I will tell you that you will be misled like 99% because most people on Facebook lie in their profile data.

What I would recommend that you do is take a look at the user's timeline and find out what he or she post about on Facebook, then you can decide if it's the kind of person you what to have as a friend or not.

Let me make it clear to you that if you are looking at profile as a check on those you accept or reject their friends request, then I will tell you that you will be misled like 99% because most people on Facebook lie in their profile data.

What I would recommend that you do is take a look at the user's timeline and find out what he or she post about on Facebook, then you can decide if it's the kind of person you what to have as a friend or not.

I don't think that Facebook profiles that we have out there are all fake as there are those that are quite okay and a yardstick to see how serious the users are on Facebook. Also, I think you have a point that we should check the timeline to be show since that is another way to see how real that they are on Facebook.

Me too. I think it's better to be aware of the people we befriend. It's not wise to let things go to chance. Let's actively select the people we connect with on Facebook. :)

Haha, 150 pending friends request is even small compared to mine that is at 485 pending requests which I'm never even considering accepting anyone of them because if do, it wouldn't be up to that number. I'm planning on a day to delete all the pending requests.
Yup. And the thing that surprises me most was I have removed all my posts and there isn't anything in my profile. How do they find me if I haven't posted anything since 2009. :oops:

ion

This is the funny thing. Some of my friends keep asking me why I just have less than 300 friends on my Facebook account compare to them with morethan 1000 friends, and I told them, Do I really need to add them, and do you really know them, your 1000 friends on Facebook? That is simple question.

This is the funny thing. Some of my friends keep asking me why I just have less than 300 friends on my Facebook account compare to them with morethan 1000 friends, and I told them, Do I really need to add them, and do you really know them, your 1000 friends on Facebook? That is simple question.
Same thing here! I only have less than 400 friends on facebook and they are also my followers on instagram. I can say that I add some aquaintances but not someone I just met on social media. It's really a nice feeling if the people who likes your posts are all the people you knew in your life like an old schoolmate or colleagues from your first job. It would really be a genuine appreciation about your posts compared to the one you only met on social media which is somewhat unbelievable beause you don't know them personally.

Me too. I think it's better to be aware of the people we befriend. It's not wise to let things go to chance. Let's actively select the people we connect with on Facebook. :)
That is something that I always think as well as we get to see that the things that we post on social media can never be taken back once posted. The truth is getting to understand how everything works with social media as it will ensure we live a better life.

Yup. And the thing that surprises me most was I have removed all my posts and there isn't anything in my profile. How do they find me if I haven't posted anything since 2009. :oops:
There is what is called friend's suggestion in Facebook. You don't necessarily need to post anything in order to have people seeing you to send friend requests. As long as you have friends already, their own friends that aren't friends with will be seeing you as a suggested friend for them to add up.

That is something that I always think as well as we get to see that the things that we post on social media can never be taken back once posted. The truth is getting to understand how everything works with social media as it will ensure we live a better life.
This is true. I also remember a time when Facebook was still relatively new. I would get friend requests from just about anyone. I think back then people mainly wanted to have as many number of friends as possible. Just for the sake of appearances. :)

Top Bottom