• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you accept friend request from those you don't know on Facebook?

This is true. I also remember a time when Facebook was still relatively new. I would get friend requests from just about anyone. I think back then people mainly wanted to have as many number of friends as possible. Just for the sake of appearances. :)
That's absolutely true, when we know less about the implications of having unknown people clustering in our friend's list, we add and accept just about anyone that sends us a request without checking the person out and it's what laid the base at which hackers and spammers operate now.

That's absolutely true, when we know less about the implications of having unknown people clustering in our friend's list, we add and accept just about anyone that sends us a request without checking the person out and it's what laid the base at which hackers and spammers operate now.
That's the sad truth. Many are aiming to hack people's accounts and use them for malicious activities. So I wouldn't trust just anyone right now. We have to be vigilant of hackers and other dangerous people. :(

ion

Same thing here! I only have less than 400 friends on facebook and they are also my followers on instagram. I can say that I add some aquaintances but not someone I just met on social media. It's really a nice feeling if the people who likes your posts are all the people you knew in your life like an old schoolmate or colleagues from your first job. It would really be a genuine appreciation about your posts compared to the one you only met on social media which is somewhat unbelievable beause you don't know them personally.
And honestly, I'm not even add my relatives to my friends list, there're some few Family members but there're some barrier or privacy settings exclusively for them, LOL.

That's the sad truth. Many are aiming to hack people's accounts and use them for malicious activities. So I wouldn't trust just anyone right now. We have to be vigilant of hackers and other dangerous people. :(
Exactly. I have had my Factbook account hacked twice even when I stopped accepting friends requests from unknown individuals but I'm sure that it's those that I have accepted long time ago that are still screwing with me.

I think I have over 1k friends on Facebook at the moment, it's daunting anytime I want to remove all friends I don't know well. Maybe one day, I would stop procrastinating and actually get it done.

Exactly. I have had my Factbook account hacked twice even when I stopped accepting friends requests from unknown individuals but I'm sure that it's those that I have accepted long time ago that are still screwing with me.

I think I have over 1k friends on Facebook at the moment, it's daunting anytime I want to remove all friends I don't know well. Maybe one day, I would stop procrastinating and actually get it done.
I'm sorry about that. The web now isn't as safe back when there were less hackers and people with ill intents. I can relate with the procrastination. One way to beat them is to make another account. It's actually a lot simpler to delete the old one in order to make a fresh start. Have you considered doing that? :D

I'm sorry about that. The web now isn't as safe back when there were less hackers and people with ill intents. I can relate with the procrastination. One way to beat them is to make another account. It's actually a lot simpler to delete the old one in order to make a fresh start. Have you considered doing that? :D
I have taught about wiping all of these old friends but there are some people who are important friends I have made online already. So, I wouldn't wipe all of them. This is actually the reason why I haven't considered closing that Facebook account and registering a new one.

I have taught about wiping all of these old friends but there are some people who are important friends I have made online already. So, I wouldn't wipe all of them. This is actually the reason why I haven't considered closing that Facebook account and registering a new one.
Well, it's a tricky situation. Sometimes you just have to cope with the way things are. If ever you find it too risky, you can still choose to make a new account once you're ready. It's actually easy to re add your friends. Especially, if you told them about your decision to close your old account. :)

Well, it's a tricky situation. Sometimes you just have to cope with the way things are. If ever you find it too risky, you can still choose to make a new account once you're ready. It's actually easy to re add your friends. Especially, if you told them about your decision to close your old account. :)
Exactly. Social media is killing us as much as it's helping us but we all need to be careful with how we use it.

Top Bottom