• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest, We changed our domain name from aweb.hosting to WebHostingSupportForum.com. All users from aweb.hosting can use the same login credentials to login to our new forum.

Do you think incorporating video into your blogs is a great strategy?

Video in your Blog

• Fine

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ray

Okay, we all are aware about text content is one of the great methods but do you feel a video can work better and if you feel it does then where do you get your video from. Do you create one of your own or borrow it from YouTube?

I have videos on youtube and I sometimes incorporate the link to my blog. But I have noticed that no one seemed to bother in clicking the link in spite of getting a good number of hits for that particular blog page. Even in social media, I get as much as a hundred likes in my post but the video was viewed by less than 10 people. Maybe blog readers have a short attention span that they have no time to watch videos. I have to admit that I also do not watch the videos posted in Facebook even if the video is directly connecte to me. I only watch the video if it happens that I am in that video.

With the blog, I find it more appealing to have lots of pictures instead of the video.

If a video is necessary to convey an information then why not allow it on the blog. What I will do if it's my blog I will present the video and also discuss about the information through writing. I am sure that will make the publication more unique.

I would say it all depends on the type of video it is. To be honest if I see there is a video added to a blog or site I will watch if there are words or phrases that are of my interest in the videos title, even the videos icon can have a lot to do with it. To sum it all up it all depends on the videos presentation.

I don't think I that adding a video will provide any added advantage. If your blog is well written and appeals to the masses , the text itself has immense power to generate views.

I have analyzed that there are two different strata of people who like to read and those who watch videos. Combining the two gives no added advantage.

Okay, we all are aware about text content is one of the great methods but do you feel a video can work better and if you feel it does then where do you get your video from. Do you create one of your own or borrow it from YouTube?
I think youtube videos are getting more attention these days for different subject. Not sure though. But yes youtube usage has been increased lot compare to past. So yes may be video can attract more and do better thing than only content. But personally I am yet to try it out so can't say for sure.

overcast

If your content is benefiting both the video and the text content then sure adding it will benefit your site. I have few blogs from where I do promote my videos. And it ends up helping both blogs and the channel itself. Though it can be harder to earn these days with blog post alone. So adding videos help in getting more traffic to the content.

I could not say that it's necessary, but it can at least help to boost your blog. There are some information on the video that can be linked or associated to it, then that would be a great idea to embed on your blog. If you have your own videos, or you can create your own video, it can also help to boost your YouTube channel. That way, it would be an advantage for both of your blog site, as well as YouTube channel.

Having videos on your blogs definiately helps. However, videos you embed on your blogs should be related to your content. When you have related videos on your blog posts, it will not only enhance your content, but also help you in reducing bounce rate. Having said that you should also be aware that when you are using videos created by other people, you are givine away your traffic. A good way is to create your own video, upload on youtbe and embed with your blog entry.

I think it is a great idea and if the video is from another blogger who has a lot of followers is so much better because that person would thank you and maybe will post one of your post on his or her website. It's probably that the people who follow that blogger might be interested in you too, on your website and what you write sounds interesting for them.

barida

Videos can be a smarter way to share what you think about a topic to the visitors of your blog. It's not that it's going to take over the benefits of using text to pass the message across, but as a result of the fact that some might want to go with video while others will prefer text. So, doing what benefits all is the best way to go about it.

barida

I think it is a great idea and if the video is from another blogger who has a lot of followers is so much better because that person would thank you and maybe will post one of your post on his or her website. It's probably that the people who follow that blogger might be interested in you too, on your website and what you write sounds interesting for them.
I agree with you in the sense that one can make friends with other bloggers that have video content by sharing their videos on their blog which is good. Another thing that one need to know is the need to talk to those bloggers to get their permission before using their videos on your blogs to avoid issues.

KellyGeo

To be honest with you, most people don't fancy watching any video on blog or forum posts for one reason or another. The only time they would be interested in watching the video is when someone specifically requested for it.

Personally, I hardly watch video online unless it's something that is highly necessary that I must watch the video to get the information. Pictures are more viewed than videos.

Heatman

It's only few people that dispose themselves to watching videos that are uploaded with posts or site content. People are too lazy sometimes to go to such extent, this makes such video to be useless. I'm sure that sometimes, the reason why people don't watch these videos is because they tend to consume a lot of data and as such people don't view these videos.

Top Bottom