• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Having a good navigation system

Anachiwo

When setting up a new website, forum or blog, it's paramount to ensure that the navigation system of the site is very well designed to assist the visitors in finding their way around the site with ease. From my experience on website design, nobody likes to stay too long on a platform he or she finds very difficult to know his left or right.

But when the navigation system is well designed that any member wouldn't need the administrator assistance or some staff help to find their way around the site, it would make such person enjoy their stay on the platform.

Heatman

I think it's been up to 3 forums and 2 blogs that I came across but had to quit doing anything on it because I couldn't find my way around it at all. Ordinary to see where to carry out registration wasn't possible for me. I did tried for about 20 minutes on the sites looking to make a breakthrough but all to no avail, so I was left with no other option than to show myself the exit door and moved to other sites.

Anachiwo

You have a very good point here @Heatman , when it's very difficult to find one's way on a site it makes life difficult for the person as he or she waste too much time trying to do one simple thing. Remember that time is money, so nobody likes wasting his time for nothing, so I believe that such pushes people away from the site.

Heatman

You have a very good point here @Heatman , when it's very difficult to find one's way on a site it makes life difficult for the person as he or she waste too much time trying to do one simple thing. Remember that time is money, so nobody likes wasting his time for nothing, so I believe that such pushes people away from the site.
I completely agree with you on this one, nobody appreciates wasting his or her precious time because the more you while away the little time you have, the more you get to lose more business opportunities that would yield more money for you.

So therefore, instead of waiting too long and wasting your time trying to figure out how to navigate through one difficult site, it's better to take the exit door to other sites that would offer good easy to use site with simple navigation system.

The most important aspect of any website whether it is a blog, forum, ecommerce site, social media site, or a business site, is user interface. Interestingly, user interface or UI is generally overlooked. Genetrally speaking, website is launched for the people who are looking for information, products or services. If they do not find the website easy to use, they will abandon it. UI inclused number of things and the most important one is navigation system.

Heatman

Good navigation is everything with a blog or forum, once this is failed at in the beginning of the site creation, then all is already lost with the site.

Site visitors hates it when they find it very difficult to move around the site freely and most times it makes them give up on the site very quickly because it's taking them a lot of time to accomplish one simple task.

Personally, I'm in support of having a site with good navigation system because it's fun to work on swiftly without wasting much time. I have equally quit more than 5 sites with poor navigation.

ion

That's right, the mindset of the visitors why they visited the website is to find what they are looking for, and it's really annoying if navigation system of the website is not working well.

amelia88

This is so true from my experience - it's hard when you go to a website trying to find something and it's not in a logical spot, or the website is laid out poorly. I feel like any time a website is designed, the functionality and navigation needs to be of paramount importance.

Chinet23

Most people like me will just spend a few minutes to work their way around a certain site. They would easily get fed up if they realize it's hard to navigate and leave quickly. Poor navigation functionality can make you lose customers in an instant.

I agree with you. There are a lot of sites which have that kind of layout. A very inconvenient layout. I like I'm in a maze or something so quit immediately. I love a site which have a minimal navigator and plugins yet have a very informative content.

jpk0007

When setting up a new website, forum or blog, it's paramount to ensure that the navigation system of the site is very well designed to assist the visitors in finding their way around the site with ease. From my experience on website design, nobody likes to stay too long on a platform he or she finds very difficult to know his left or right.

But when the navigation system is well designed that any member wouldn't need the administrator assistance or some staff help to find their way around the site, it would make such person enjoy their stay on the platform.
Yes having a good navigating system is very essential for any new visitor who visits a website for the first time. if the website is easy to navigate then the visitor will find it easy to browse through whatever he wants very easily and he will definitely visit the website again . if however proper attention is not given while creating a website and it is difficult to go navigate the site then obviously a viewer is not going to stay on that website for long and search for some other option. I think making your site user-friendly is the most basic requirement for the success of your website.

It is always nice to visit or scroll a site with ease. It should function perfectly upon usage. It will hold the interest of the users to stay and browse without complaining. I understand that creating a website is not easy and it needs a lot of modification before it will become user friendly. It is a challenge that a programmer or developer should take in consideration.

When a visitor to your website finds it so very easy to use your website, he or she will definitely love frequently visiting the website. This is actually the main reason for making one's website navigation system to be as simple as possible.

Top Bottom