• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to choose colors?

So, how exactly can we choose colors that are pleasing to most of the end users?
I prefer certain colors and that might not be the case with others. So, I am not so sure how to pick good colors. I hate green color. So, if I ever find a website full of that color, then I would never ever go to that website again.
May be there are others who hate certain colors. So, I need some serious suggestions guys.

Eclipse

I keep it original and something that isn't in your face and flashy because that can hurt the viewers' eyes. I keep it basic and to a minimum. I do not use like 10 different colors to confuse viewers, I focus on mainly 2-4, which ever gives it a more pleasurable appearance. I have also seen forums/sites that use a huge variety of color, thinking that it will attract more users, but honestly it doesn't. Users like basic colors that look great at the same time.

I tend to stick to the same colours when making a site. Blue, Red, Purple, Green. Those will always be the only options I tend to use as it's what I am used to, what I like and colours that the end users will tend to like as well. I like to use Flat UI Colours - http://flatuicolors.com/. The colours provided there look great on a website, forum or blog and I think flat design is definately getting popular nowadays so these are the perfect colours for any site

better to chose a colour fora a website blog after entering the data then easily we can know which colour is suitable for that blog. there is a option is more colours and mixed colours by the using this option we can select combination of more than one colour for making website or blog.

ion

Light colors I think is much better. Your question actually is really hard to answer. I like the green but the strong green color, something like avocado color, a little lighter, it's eye friendly, compare to the the strong dark color, that could cause headache once you stay more time to the website.

zenhashy

This is actually depends on your target audience. If your target audience are kids or children make it colorful and bright. However, if your target audience are adults, the simpler the better.

Award21

Simply put, the familiarity principle states that people are attracted to what’s familiar to them. That’s why your color scheme should reflect the overall “personality” of your products or services.

Trish23

The color dpends on the theme of the website. If its for games then choose light colors. For horror then its dark. It totally dpends on the owner.

For me, the color of your website should depends on yourself also. You should choose colors depends on what combination do you want. The color of the text and the background color should fit together! You should be aware of it that it should be easy to read. Don’t choose colors which may irritate the eye of the reader.

For me, the color of your website should depends on yourself also. You should choose colors depends on what combination do you want. The color of the text and the background color should fit together! You should be aware of it that it should be easy to read. Don’t choose colors which may irritate the eye of the reader.

Choose colors that is appropriate to the subject of your website. For instance, if your websites theme is about water ecosystems it is better to use blue and white colors. However, do limit 2-4 color shades, and use colors that are easy on the eyes. Don't use color combinations that are hard to read such as red-green, brown-green, blue-black, yellow-white etc.

It's best to consider your website. Do the colors complement your site's subject and theme? One example is food blogs. Green and red work well because they're known for enhancing one's appetite.

I keep it original and something that isn't in your face and flashy because that can hurt the viewers' eyes. I keep it basic and to a minimum. I do not use like 10 different colors to confuse viewers, I focus on mainly 2-4, which ever gives it a more pleasurable appearance. I have also seen forums/sites that use a huge variety of color, thinking that it will attract more users, but honestly it doesn't. Users like basic colors that look great at the same time.
I like your style. I really agree with what you said. It's not pleasant to have so many colors bombard you whenever you enter a website. I find a more streamlined combination of colors effective.

Award21

For me, the color of your website should depends on yourself also. You should choose colors depends on what combinatiodo you want. The color of the text and the background color should fit together! You should be aware of it that it should be easy to read. Don’t choose colors which may irritate the eye of the reader.

Exactly sir. it should follow what is your passion.

This goes without saying that unreadable text is counter-intuitive. So instead of randomly assigning colors, choose the best that work well in tandem. I can't count how many times I've seen websites that made my eyes hurt. It only made me less likely to read more of their posts.

Top Bottom