• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to choose colors?

Isozceles

Personally, I enjoy more darked colors, not totally black but color that are not that brigs, since I'm on the internet on my phone a lot and at night is easier on the eye. Having said that, you should choose something that is both pleasing to the eye and calls the attention of people, not very easy to achieve, but that's what I would do.

Personally, I enjoy more darked colors, not totally black but color that are not that brigs, since I'm on the internet on my phone a lot and at night is easier on the eye. Having said that, you should choose something that is both pleasing to the eye and calls the attention of people, not very easy to achieve, but that's what I would do.
I've also been using a dark theme for my browser. It helps with reading stuff on the web. They're more gentle on the eyes compared to bright colors.

Award21

Basically to choose a color that fit for your website is just like to base on yourself. Describing you and your audience will show the right colors to fit for your website.

ion

Basically to choose a color that fit for your website is just like to base on yourself. Describing you and your audience will show the right colors to fit for your website.
You're right, and sometimes it's actually depends on the main purpose of your website, if your website is for environmentalist choose the color compatible to environment something like that.

This has been a problem for me as well because I am not good at designing websites, especially with the coloring. What I simply do if there are no designers present is to search for a color palette on the internet and look for a good combination of colors that would fit the niche or the subject of my site well. This has worked well for me but I would like to learn more about web design.

Me too. Bright colors aren't nice for reading stuff. It can feel like you're reading in front of a stage. They're just too intense. That's why I choose dark themes.

When it comes to website, I preferred Cool, fresh, and stylish colors. I think light blue and green are best options for a website. It is also important to combine complementary colors to make your perfect color scheme.

GuestHu

You must learn about color theory because it helps you choose appealing colors wisely. Do not put every color from a color wheel on your website, choose between two to three colors. Make sure the colors you chose is not in contrast. For instance, if you choose red do not choose blue because the contrast of red is blue, better choose yellow which is close to the red area in the color wheel. Also, you can apply complementary colors to your web application. Examples of complementary colors are red and green, yellow and purple, and blue and orange.

Just try learning about color theory. Surely, it would help you design better.

Caguioa747

for me, the color should depend on the website and you should also consider the text of your website it should blend well. and it also should be relaxing to the eye of the viewers.

I think colors depend on your choices. What your preference and how you feel about it. Just make sure that colors should be attractive that gives distinction to every important details of a content on a site. This will hold interest on any readers or audience that would come and visit the site. Personally, I find white, black, blue and purple to be pleasing to the eyes.

So, how exactly can we choose colors that are pleasing to most of the end users?
I prefer certain colors and that might not be the case with others. So, I am not so sure how to pick good colors. I hate green color. So, if I ever find a website full of that color, then I would never ever go to that website again.
May be there are others who hate certain colors. So, I need some serious suggestions guys.
Well, I think we have to think about the website purpose and its content. For example; if you are designing a fast food website, where you will have photos of burgers and the like you can’t probably go for dark red or pitch black. You will go for colors that rhyme with the kind of products displayed on the online web store.

Attachments

blackmist

Light colors would be the best. If you are just starting in creating a website then why not use white as your website main color then add some colors that will make it more livelier. For me green is a good much to white. Green is also good to the eye because it look's refreshing. Specially to people that are browsing the net for a long hours.

jpk0007

Well, I think that the color and layout of the display are very important parts of the design of a website. The background color and the color of the text must be pleasing to the eye and must make it easy to read the content. I think that Red and green color on a dark background must be avoided as they can make it difficult to read the content for a long time. The colors must be chosen according to the needs of the consumer.

Understand the project, project requirements, client choices, product target audience
Pick the main color as per the color theory and Point #1
To make color theme around this I either go to Adobe Color CC
Now days I am fan of material design by google and they have awesome color guide at their site.

Regards,
Adrian

Top Bottom