• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is social media a good way to advertise?

Ibz

In your opinion would you say social media is a good way to advertise a company?

I have been thinking of purchasing some social media ads like instagram featured videos etc and wanted to get your opinions.

Sure it is. But its not enough to stay active and have a social media presence. You need a campaign you need clear goals and all that.

Social media is the "in" thing now and the time will come that it is more effective to advertise in social media that on television. Even now, I find that social media is a potent venue for promoting your cause. I can see lots of posts in Facebook being shared and some of those posts are even nonsense, just simple quotations that are not even funny. That clearly shows the effect of posts in social media that it can influence people to react (by sharing those posts). I agree with @Christian that it is best to launch a campaign in promoting your product or services. And if you have the budget to spend, you can avail of the paid advertisements which I find good enough for a cheap price.

Social media has the ability to make certain content go viral within a few days. However, I personally feel that those viral content eventually die down after a while. With this said, I believe social media is a good starting point for owners to make people get exposed to their services in a free and pretty easy manner.

ray

I think I would not have earned half of what I have already earned had it not been for social media. For me Twitter has always been good that lots of views for me on every site barring Triond and Bubblews at later stage.

Social media appears to be taking over the world these days, with more and more people signing up on various sites. With that in mind and the fact that advertising relies on the amount of people you can get your message to, then social media is an ideal platform to start advertising on. It's not just as simple as opening up an account and watching the money role in, you also have to be active and make sure that you are targeting the people you know will want what your selling, but if you have marketing and advertising knowledge to start with, you will already have some expertise in who and how you would go about doing that, so social media just makes it easier.

jb23k

I think social media is a good way to advertise. You have to be able to target the right customers tho. If your business is online only, you don't have to be worried about location. If your business is on location like a car wash or something, you may need to use hashtags that have the location of your business in it. Social media can work but it depends on how you use it.

joshposh

Social media is free advertisement. Million of people are on social media at any given time of the day. So why wouldn't you want to advertise on it? Or is it because you like to spend money on advertisement that makes you feel like it's cheating to take the free route?

Just make a profile and start adding friends. Join groups and spread the word. Some people will like it and it will show up on their news feed. The others will see it and might give you a call about your services.

Sounds good to me.

If you have product or service to sell, social media is a good platform to sell. I have tried facebook paid advertising and it really worked. If you want to market a company, start with creating a facebook page. First do free promotion. When all of your resources are consumed, try paid marketing. Once you build a large number of followers, your promotion will have a good conversion rate.

lizt95

It can be. I think it all depends on your target audience; it all comes down to who you are gearing your product/service towards. Social media gives so many opportunities to customizes your reach, so I think it's generally a good idea since a growing number of people from different demographics have been joining social media in the past years.

Yes, I think social media can help you but that's only if you use it correctly. I agree with Christian, I think you need to come up with a plan so that you can specifically target the audience you are trying to reach and sell your products to.

To be honest, I've been using Facebook to promote the products that I sell and it is effective depending on how you advertise it. But it's not that easy since you need to make a plan first on how you do your targetting as well as selecting your audience and picking the right post so you won't waste much money.

It's pretty much cheaper compared to advertising it on TV but it doesn't come cheap as well.

ray

For time being I see no alternative of social media for sharing your work and bring views to your work. I know sharing my work in a systematic way is the only way I can increase my viewership. I have been using at least 8 different social media site for this purpose and for me Twitter and stumble upon bring best result. Off late I have started using Flipboard but I am in an initial stage at that site.

Top Bottom