• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Light or dark themes?

supernova

I've always used darker themes on my devices and even my laptop. The dark color hues is a lot kinder to my eyes than those light colored ones. I have very sensitive eyes and the lighter it is that I'm staring at the more painful the glare is for my eyes. And it just looks better having a darker theme, it's classier in a way.

Ronwald

If you are in a low-light environment, most probably your screen is the main light source. Therefore it is advisable to prefer a dark theme to avoid making your eyes tired. In a bright environment, the low-contrast of a dark theme tires your eyes more than a light one.

GuestHu

I prefer dark theme because it is appealing to the eyes and not painful to stare at it longer. Gamers and programmers/ developers prefer the dark theme because it does not hurt their eyes when staring on the screen for a long period of time. Plus, dark theme looks cool and relaxing to look at it.

dzonyfox2

I prefer light themes rather than the dark ones. They relax my eyes and they are more transparent to me. But off course, if the theme is in the light color, then the text should be a bit darker than the background.

Last edited:
I like a combination of light and dark colors because it is more convenient for my eyes in terms of reading the messages. It won't hurt my eyesight. I like to read in most times and content is what I consider important in most times. I want a simple yet appealing colors. Designs and colors are what makes a site attractive.

Erika1358

I prefer dark themes. They don't hurt the eyes, especially when you access the computer at night with only light coming from the computer screen. But overall, I believe it all goes down to the theme of what you're writing. If you want to write a blog, it's better to use light themes.

rheez95

I prefer dark themes over light themes specially in mobile. Dark themes like black, will help your phone's battery lasts longer. It's more pleasant for me in the eye. I don't get too overwhelmed by the light. It's very useful when using your phone at night.

I like light themes than darker themes,they are more appealing to the eye.Actually this is what I use for my website Lighter colours make reading relaxed because the eye is at ease during reading.

blackmist

I think it will depend on how it is made. Also it must match what the website is all about. Light team is much easier to create than dark theme. Dark theme require keen attention to details so that it will not look like an abstract painting.

Top Bottom