• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The selfie mania

Some psychologists and psychiatrists are saying that selfie is a mania and those selfie addicts are not normal anymore. What? I was surprised with that statement because a selfie addict is nothing more but vain. Vanity has nothing to do with normalcy. And the reason for the selfie is to post in social media. I also take a selfie for posting because posting a selfie is getting to be a tradition in my circle.

I agree with you, taking selfies doesn't necessarily mean that one is not normal. I think most people do it because it has become such a huge trend just like every other huge trend everyone wants to follow. I wonder how long it will last, maybe forever. I don't like taking selfies nor sharing my life with social media I rather keep things to myself and for the important people in my life. Also, I have taken a few selfies and posted them in some sites that require a profile picture but I am not taking selfies every day.

In the recent time, I have noticed that many people are becoming narcissist. narcissist is a person who is too much obsesses about own-self. This trend of of narcissism is the result of rise of social media and hand held devices with front camera. There was a time when the front camera in a hand held device was a VGA camera, however, these days front camera are 20 pixels camera. VGA camera did not take good pictures, it was only for live call purpose, however, these days the front camera is for taking selfie.

This has made me burdensome upon reading from a news feed that taking a selfie is a sign of abnormal personality a person has. That is big, big question mark: WHY is that so?

Is it a problem to take your own picture by yourself? Or is it because photography business is running out of customers for that matter? Taking pictures by others or by other means for me has not bearing at all to the personality of a person. I have to admit that I am beginning to taking a selfie for I want to join with the trend nowadays.

You are absolutely correct when you call this addiction as a mania. Selfie has made people obsessed with self. I find it really annoying to see such crazy maniacs scattered around. Yesterday I was really annoyed to see a teenager sitting and only clicking her face and doing nothing else. And I should add the funny pouts she was trying to make so as to get a perfect click.

You are absolutely correct when you call this addiction as a mania. Selfie has made people obsessed with self. I find it really annoying to see such crazy maniacs scattered around. Yesterday I was really annoyed to see a teenager sitting and only clicking her face and doing nothing else. And I should add the funny pouts she was trying to make so as to get a perfect click.
Once you couldn't control it and you become so crazy about and you keep on trying and trying. That means you are now addicted to it. Then it will eventually become a manic tendency which will affect your personality. Then again, it is indeed a mania so to speak. How I wish I couldn't be leading that way.

nailah783

I find that there is nothing wrong with taking a selfie now and then, but people who do it all the time constantly have a problem. That's where the difference comes in. My mom is one of these people I am not ashamed to say. Some selfies should just not be taken. I understand if you are taking a selfie to make your profile picture or if you are doing it for a specific reason like that, but a new selfie everyday just to say hi. That is a problem, and these people need serious help. So yes, I believe that it is a mental disorder just like any other addiction.

I personally believe that there is nothing wrong when taking a selfie because it's pretty normal in our generation. But when you take a selfie every single day, and waste time for selfies, that's what the psychiatrists are saying. These are not normal and you may be mentally ill.

There is need for us to see the brighter side of life and try as much as we can to discard any thoughts that is meant to make some look stupid. People taking selfie do so as a result of the fact that they enjoy the good moments of life and has nothing to do with their beliefs whatsoever.

I personally believe that there is nothing wrong when taking a selfie because it's pretty normal in our generation. But when you take a selfie every single day, and waste time for selfies, that's what the psychiatrists are saying. These are not normal and you may be mentally ill.
We all got to understand that too much of everything is pretty bad and that's what is really wrong at this point in time when some of us are just bent on taking pictures and doing nothing else every time of the day. There is need to have better plans about life.

I don't see anything abnormal taking a selfie be it for personal use or posting on social media even those that get to take them like everyday are still Normal to be.it could just be what really excite them so that could just be as far as it goes.

Doctors are people who judge fast and say stupid things sometimes, I agree that sometimes people abuse taking and posting the selfie but this doesn't mean that these people are not normal people anymore.

There is need for us to see the brighter side of life and try as much as we can to discard any thoughts that is meant to make some look stupid. People taking selfie do so as a result of the fact that they enjoy the good moments of life and has nothing to do with their beliefs whatsoever.
Well stated i see nothing wrong with those that takes selfie, it helps photo freaks to enjoy their pastime or hobby. It more about about what one have passion for and that about that.

ion

Well, they are above 60 or 70 of ages maybe. They can't understand the people nowadays, and their need to update their educational background. They are keep looking for some scenario which is not really necessary because the kids right now are just trying to enjoy the technologies.

I think your correct. What on earth are saying that selfie addicts are mania? It's a trend now a days. Besides, not all people are like that. Some is for posting in social media, some are for business purposes. I think they don't understand it. Young people are more selfie addicts than of the older once.

Top Bottom