• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tips and things to avoid

Chris

I want to start a web hosting business. What are some tips that would help me out or help me to avoid making any major mistakes when starting it. I would hate to get started only to face the facts that I did something wrong that would force me to end it before it begins.

Brian

You need a solid business plan that stretches out over the next five years. Figure out who you want to target as far as clients and you can even ask some experts in the field for advice. You want to make sure that you don't have major concerns about your initial investment, because if you do, you're not ready to make the leap yet.

Anthony

I think you should try to look beyond the shared hosting market because that is really saturated and very competitive. You want to focus more on the business hosting and the dedicated server market. There is big money to be made there, especially if you are targeting your local markets.

Web Hosting Business? I am also in quandary on how does it is being managed. Who is considered to be an expert on web hosting? As far as I am concerned it should have a plan to undertake. It is no joke to be such business for it is too competitive. Big name in web marketting like Google is already in web hosting. It has already a business in creating a site which is an accessory to web hosting. The two go hand in hand.

https://webhostingsupportforum.com/threads/starting-a-web-hosting-business.582/

Things can be sped up if the owner follows common sense things like having good website quality and the avoidance of customer neglect. Also, the price is highly important. It should be something competitive and, finally, reviews are always a big help.
The tips above seem to work well. Does anyone know more? Anyway, another tip is simply to be various vigorous in marketing efforts. In other words, get out there and post on the forums, anything to gain exposure. For instance, if a forum demands that you do 50 posts to be able to get into the advertising sub-forum, then do it.

remnant

Running a web hosting business depends no your skills and experience-if you know your way around server management and other issues as well as your budget. If for instance you have excellent business ideas, you should go for a regular reseller hosting business.

I think you should try to look beyond the shared hosting market because that is really saturated and very competitive.
I think that idea is a bit exaggerated. The problem isn't the saturation, but that people don't trust new hosts. I mean, myself, I get pretty good advertising because the lack of trust has made reselling hosting a no-go area. In other words, my ad isn't drowned out on a lot of internet forums.

You need a solid business plan that stretches out over the next five years. Figure out who you want to target as far as clients and you can even ask some experts in the field for advice. You want to make sure that you don't have major concerns about your initial investment, because if you do, you're not ready to make the leap yet.
I didn't get your point a business plan that stretches for next five years ?

Running a web hosting business depends no your skills and experience-if you know your way around server management and other issues as well as your budget. If for instance you have excellent business ideas, you should go for a regular reseller hosting business.
Also it is important that the services that you have been providing is better than others.

overcast

The thing is that you can buy the Reseller panel accounts.And then offer the free or paid hosting to others. But the serious issue would be to get customers. That's where the things are going to have some issues. You have to find ways to build some customer base. Without this things are not going to be that easy. I think people who find customers get better managed over a period of time.

Athanas

As long as you are dedicated to the job,it can't fail you. If you have decided to move forward, just go ahead without paying much attention to the common problems in businesses.

jakub1

You need something that will make you stand out from the competition since the market of web hosting business is really saturated, focus on customer support.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
Its really hard to make money in web hosting industry. If you want to try then do not expect any profits for a long time. Lots of work and time is involved in even trying to compete the market.
My suggestion for you would be use your own billing software like WHMCS with cpanel dedicated server for shared hosting plans and you can choose any reseller plans from resellerclub or any other company and try selling them on a profit you need.

Top Bottom