• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Using wordpress as a cms

fuzyon

As a Web Developer that focuses more on the front-end part of the website and my usual workflow involves HTML, CSS, JS, a little bit of back-end with the MEAN stack then I launch the site in beta. That being said, numerous of my customers have asked me if I could build blog-like sites for them and that got me thinking: I could learn how to use Wordpress and develop those sites for them faster. Do you think Wordpress is a good CMS?

I am using WordPress without any knowledge on HTML, CSS or JS.If had knowledge on HTML, CSS or JS, I would have developed better sites. You see I can use Wordpress without any programming knowledge, this is the best thing about wordpress. Another benefit is availability of themes and plugins. Since wordpress is the most used CMS, there are hundreds of thousands of themes and plugins available for free.

Wordpress is a great content management system. I'm actually working on two projects at the moment and one is a directory website. I've used Wordpress to build it as it just makes everything so easy to manage. I bought a ready-made template for the WordPress site as I'm not too good at developing things for WordPress. The theme in addition to WordPress makes it almost perfect because I was able to release the site straight away without having to do too much work. All I had to do was change a few settings, and add proper content to the site and then publish it.

I don't know anyone who uses static websites anymore, but I'm sure they're out there. Instead, everyone wants a blog from WordPress - and even people do want a static site, they're probably using WordPress to make it. However, though, does that seem like laziness?

GuestHu

You could use Wordpress to create a blog for your clients but when in it comes to sophisticated website that needs strong security such as Paypal or facebook I think you should not use CMS to build that kind of website. You need to learn about web frameworks, which helps you develop your web better and attain the mission and vision of your client's website. But if your just want to display their ideas on a static web page then use the stated popular and mostly used CMS.

As a Web Developer that focuses more on the front-end part of the website and my usual workflow involves HTML, CSS, JS, a little bit of back-end with the MEAN stack then I launch the site in beta. That being said, numerous of my customers have asked me if I could build blog-like sites for them and that got me thinking: I could learn how to use Wordpress and develop those sites for them faster. Do you think Wordpress is a good CMS?
In today’s world, WordPress is one of top most popular CMS. It started out as a platform mainly for blogging, but has grown and enhanced continuously over the years. Today, over 60% of websites are using WordPress and almost all development companies like to select WordPress as CMS Development Platform. WordPress CMS is basically a software that you can use to create a site quickly and easily. You just need to install WordPress on your hosting server or local host and start building almost any type of website.

Pros of Using WordPress:

1. Free:
WordPress is free Open Source software to use for everyone. For WordPress, there are thousands of free themes and plug-ins available to select from. In addition, there are also many paid premium themes and plug-ins, which some people may want to use, but they are not so required, especially not for beginners.

2. Easy to Install:
WordPress is famous for it’s easy installation process, which means you can have a new site up and running in well just in five minutes. This is one of those things they have got so incredibly right.

3. Customizable:
WordPress has comparatively more themes, plug-ins, and other customizations available for it than any other CMS platform. This is largely because WordPress is the most popular, so the designers of plug-ins or themes always create them for WordPress.

4. Community Support:
With millions of people using WordPress as CMS, there are a lot of people out there who can easily help you to solve any problems you may have.

Cons of using WordPress:

1. Limited Permissions Scoping
2. Lots of Updates
3. Custom Layouts Are Hard To Use
4. Need to buy premium themes for business website.

Regards,
Adrian

Top Bottom