• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's needed to get started

Anthony

I am thinking about jumping into the web hosting business. What do I need to think about when getting started? I don't know much about starting this type of business, but I have run other businesses in the past. I would just like to know the best methods to take so I can get started quickly.

Kevin

First, you want to start with the basics and put together a good sound business plan. You want to get a good domain name for your business, and if you are going to incorporate, you will want to look into that as well. If you want to really start quickly you might want to look at some of the white label providers out there. You will be able to offer a variety of services under your own name. Then of course you want to design a great website and establish some sort of payment portal as well as a support department.

Nate

The main thing you want to make sure of is that you have goals set up for yourself. If you are already a web developer then you probably will have a lot of clients right out of the gate that will want your service. If not, then you will have to focus on what type of clients you want and what sort of services to offer them.

You need a good idea of what you will be doing, but also the cash. In other words, brains but no muscle won't cut it. Otherwise, you will be very frustrated - as you probably will get zero to few customers.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to decide what exactly you are planning to sell. The following are the web hosting types you can sell:
Shared hosting can be sold by renting an linux based dedicated server from a data center. Then you will need softwares like cPanel (Control Panel) & WHMCS (Billing Software).

The rest web hosting types like reseller, dedicated, vps & cloud can be sold as a reseller with resllerclub or any other company.

You read more on https://webhostingsupportforum.com/threads/starting-a-web-hosting-business.582/

Last edited:
Top Bottom