• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wordpress updates

I use wordpress for my blogs, personal website and ecommerce websites. Usually, I update wordpress everytimg a new version is released. However, I wonder is it necessary to update wordpress everytime a new version is released?

Yes it is good thing to update the wordpress whenever any new released is arrived from the company, because they improve code and remove bugs and make it more secure in each release, so when we update the version of our wordpress, we make it more secure from hackers reach.

Freya009

It's recommended to keep your Wordpress the version one step back from the latest version. Sometimes latest themes come up with the bug and you can face issues on your website.

Yes. With each new release, they fix bugs, add new features, improve performance, and enhance existing features to stay up to date with new industry standards. So in other words, when you do not update your WordPress site, you are risking your website security and missing out on new features / improvements.

AdrianG001

Sometimes, I notice some WordPress updates being ignored by some of my clients and friends all the time and I try to warn them about ignoring these updates and why it is important to update your blog or website as often as possible. Here are some reasons why.

To Improve Features Of Your Blog
WordPress is fast growing & improving every day. They actually make some updates when they find they can do better than the previous version and add more functionalities. Therefore, by updating it you also receive all of those new, modern features.

To Keep Your Blog Safe
To me this is the most important part, hackers actually look at your source code and view some plugins used and check whether is up to date and search for some vulnerability and see how they can break into your site. So keeping you must keep your WordPress and plugins updated at all times if you want to avoid hackers breaking down your blog. Go ahead & do this now. Safety is important.

To Avoid Errors
If you run into any error when designing or upgrading your blog- make sure all of your plugins & WordPress itself is up to date, it might just fix the error you’re dealing with.

To Achieve The Best Performance
Always keeping your blog up to date can help you achieve the best speed of your website & improve overall performance.
To Fix Bugs

Updates to WordPress & plugins often fix bugs that were discovered in previous versions.

Regards,
Adrian

Top Bottom